Followers

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Vacation

I've been on vacation for the past week and it's been somewhat refreshing. Somewhat emotional.

My niece graduated high school, magna cum laude, and I couldn't be more proud of her!

Michael (the proud papa), Ariel, and me.


Now she has a few weeks before she heads off to college.

I went to church with one of my aunts on Sunday. I enjoy going with her. Although I do feel like I am at a concert during their worship service, lol.

I have been reading I Peter; well my church is doing a series on it this month and I am reading it on my own in addition... The letters are interesting indeed. One thing that struck me in my reading this week is the following verse:

"...you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house,
 a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices 
acceptable to God through Jesus Christ."
- 1 Peter 2:5 -

I like to think that as I continue to grow I am being built up in Christ. I find that I am able to better speak about the Word, as was evidenced this week while visiting with family. I was able to add to a conversation and feel like it made a difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment