Followers

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

So much weighs on my mind

As I continue my journey, I find more and more things begin to weigh on my mind. Signs that the devil is at play in my mind. I read The Screwtape Letters not too long ago on my Kindle. If you're not familiar with this title, C.S. Lewis is the author. Yes, the same Lewis as of the Chronicles of Narnia. It's a confusing and albeit truthful book about how the devil plays with our minds to sway us against the one he calls "the Enemy". This so-called "Enemy" is God. Hence the confusion to any believer not ready to see God called an enemy.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the book overall and purchased a paper copy so that I may read it again; which I have already begun. This time around I am taking my time reading it so that I can absorb the message. I am making notes in margins and highlighting sentences that stand out to me. It's the only way I can really read and understand - a nasty habit picked up in college.

In addition, I am working through the book of Revelation and plan to read Chapter 2 tonight. In preparation, I have been watching Rabbi Jonathan Cahn on YouTube speak about God's judgment against America. He is the author of The Harbinger. In one of the videos I watched he speaks about this being the days of Elijah and Ezekiel. Well, I will leave you with one of my favorite songs:


No comments:

Post a Comment