Followers

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

How to Read the Bible

What is the best way to read the Bible? Do you start at Genesis and read through Revelation? Or do you follow a specific plan such as Matthew 24, Daniel and Revelation to understand better End Times? Maybe there's a better way. No matter how you read the Bible, you should do just that: read the Bible. Study the Bible. Learn the origins of words that may have been taken slightly out of context through several translations.

Oh, and find the Bible version that best works for you.

Personally, I enjoy the New International Version (NIV) and the King James Version (KJV). The KJV because I love the sound of the words in old English. We don't speak with thou's, thy's and thine's anymore, so it can be a bit more challenging at first. Have you ever read Shakespeare? Yeah, it's something like that. I also am prone to read the New King James Version (NKJV). The idea is to find a version that hasn't removed verses because we have to face it, some versions are incomplete.

Here is a list of some of the more popular versions:

  • King James
  • New King James
  • American Standard
  • New International
  • New Living Translation
  • The Message
  • Amplified


So, as I begin to read Exodus - because let's face it, sometimes you just have to start at the beginning - I will try to write encouraging thoughts from my readings. I will try to get on this blog more often and hopefully get to a point where I am on it daily - as the title says "Just Julie Daily".

No comments:

Post a Comment