Followers

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Ba'con!

I love waking up to the smell of ba'con in the morning, don't you? Why the apostrophe you might ask. Well, if you're familiar with "That 70s Show", the character Eric Foreman teased his father after Red's heart attack and he could no longer have certain foods. Ba'con was one of them. And that's how Eric would say the word in this phrase: "Mmm, ba'con!"

Another thing I am beginning to love first thing in the morning is speaking with the Lord. It's a habit I once had and am getting back into. It seems whenever something bad happens in my life I backslide. The last time I backslid BIG time. I read a verse in the Bible (Parable of the Four Soils) recently that speaks to this:

The seed falling on rocky ground
refers to someone who hears
the word and at once receives it
with joy.
But since they have no root,
they last only a short time. 
When trouble or persecution comes
because of the word,
they quickly fall away.

~ Matthew 13:20-21

You see, I have a tendency to walk with the Lord and when bad times come, I fall away, just like the seed falling on rocky ground. That's because my faith gets shaken and I try to do it on my own instead of giving it to the Lord. Here's a better illustration:


Now, I am on the path to being the seed that falls on good soil and learning to give all of my troubles to the Lord. Only he can deal with them and bring me through any trial I may face.

What kind of a heart do you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment