Followers

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Communion

Do you take communion in church? Growing up, I always equated this with the Catholic church. I remember going to mass with my aunt, uncle and cousins one Sunday as a kid and going up for communion. One of my cousins got really upset because I was not a practicing Catholic nor was I confirmed. The priest didn't seem to mind though. And I think my aunt and uncle secretly hoped I would become Catholic.

Anyway, today was Communion in church. I am always perplexed about receiving the communion. Even when I repent my sins and ask forgiveness I still sometimes feel I shouldn't receive it. Today was one of those days for me, but I repented and took communion.

The Lord gave us very valuable tools in his teachings. I feel this one is probably one of the most valuable after Love God and Love your neighbor. It reminds us of his sacrifice for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment